[高清视频] Advanced freestyle Techniques and Stroke Corrections

[复制链接]
iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:36:56
30412 65

Advanced freestyle Techniques and Stroke Corrections
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #1:
One-Eye Breathing
7_single_eye_breath.jpg
Swimmers have a distinct advantage if they can do their freestyle breathing while keeping one goggle in the water. Here’s what this skill looks like from above the water. Ideally just half the face and only one goggle should be visible.
And here’s what it looks like from below. It allows the swimmer to breathe and get air…but with minimal movement and no disruption to her horizontal body position.
This is an aquatic body position: the hips are tucked under, belly button in, lower back flat, shoulders rolled in slightly, and the lungs pressing into the water.
The swimmer probably feels like they are swimming downhill.
Their head is most likely in a neutral position before the breath. As they go to air, the lead arm is most likely still in front of the head, giving them a longer bodyline.
All of these skills will put the swimmer in a better position to take a balanced breath. When turning the head to air, it is imperative that the swimmer keeps the top of her head in the water… that the head is not lifted prior to the turn of the head.
When teaching this…here’s drill number one. The swimmer holds on to the wall with one arm in a side-glide position and practices a series of breaths to the side, keeping one goggle in the water as she takes a breath. She keeps the opposite shoulder out of the water.
The next drill is a standing freestyle breathing drill. While standing on the bottom and with her face in the water, she practices going to air as the lead arm enters and with only one goggle out the water.
The other goggle stays in. I instruct her to look across the pool with the underwater eye.
Another fun drill for swimmers is called One-Goggle Look and See. Swimmers pair off and swim directly across from each other, swimming at the same speed.
One swimmer breathes to the left, the other to the right. They try to time their breaths so that they’re looking at each other with their underwater eye as they go to air.
On the next length they switch breathing sides. This really works, and it’s fun.
 楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:38:27
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #3: Arm Recovery and Hand Entry
031317_Haufler.jpg

There are two general ways to recover the arms in freestyle. One is called a straight-arm recovery…
…and the other is called a bent-arm or high-elbow recovery. Either type of recovery can be used, depending on which feels more comfortable to the swimmer.
Some swimmers use both styles, using one style when they swim at a slower, more-sustained pace…
…and another style when they swim fast.
When I first teach the freestyle arm recovery, I try to keep it as simple as possible. I demonstrate a big arm swing, moving from the shoulders. The arms recover to the side of the body.
I don’t tell them to bend their elbows. I want a relaxed rainbow-type arc.
I may tell them to do big straight arms, but the young swimmer often develops a natural swing from the shoulders with a slight elbow bend. Like this.
The recovery should not be destructive to the hand entry. The hands need to be able to enter flat, with fingers pointing straight ahead, with a slight flex of the wrist, and at shoulder width.
I have the swimmer practice while standing in shallow water, bent over, but with her head out of the water so she can watch her arm recovery and hand entry.
Next, I want her to swim with her face down. To practice this I have the swimmers do Position-11 Freestyle.
The recovery should allow for a straight-forward extension of the hands into the catch. Practicing one arm at a time, using Position-11 Freestyle, helps the swimmer focus on this detail.
It’s important that the hand of the recovering arm is not facing outward and away from the body. Like this. This often causes the hands to enter thumb side down and with the fingers facing inward…causing a crossover of the arms on entry.
I emphasize that the palms should face slightly inward toward the body at the beginning of the recovery. The thumb side of the hand leads.
I direct the position of the forearm and hand like this. As the elbow, forearm and hand pass the shoulder, the palm gradually faces back so that at entry, the palm is facing directly back. This allows for a clean and straight-forward extension on the entry.
I have her practice this movement while lying down on the edge of the pool and using one arm and a hand paddle to increase hand awareness. This is the Stationary Scooter Drill.
The swimmer pulls the water in a straight line along the edge of the pool. She recovers the arm with a slight inward position of her forearm and hand. The hand enters directly above the shoulder line, with fingers facing forward. Her wrist is slightly flexed, with the palm facing back.
Next I use the In-Water Scooter Drill. By using a board and keeping her head up, she can watch all the same details while moving forward. I have her do this first with hand paddles…
… and then without hand paddles.
Another drill is the Head-Up Water-Polo Drill. I often have the swimmer use fins to make it easier for the swimmer to actually watch her hand entry. The head should be kept straight. The drill allows her to self-correct.
She can make sure her hand is entering flat, at shoulder width, and with the fingers pointing straight ahead.

楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:37:38
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #2:
Early Vertical Forearm
101416_Haufler_Thumb_2.jpg
Early Vertical Forearm (often referred to as E-V-F) is a technique that applies to all strokes. In freestyle, EVF occurs when the swimmer sets up the arm into a power position before initiating the pull. Freestyle EVF looks like this…and it puts the arm in the most effective catch position to grab an armful of water.
To teach freestyle EVF, I have the swimmer start on land. I have her stand straight up with the arms in Position 11.
Then, I demonstrate and ask her to keep the elbows at the same height as she presses the forearms and hands, as one solid unit, to a position slightly higher than the head.
As the swimmer presses to this position, the elbows will press outside the bodyline. The hands should be in-line with the shoulders, with the palms facing the ground. I have her freeze in this position and make adjustments if necessary.
Next, while she maintains that position, I have her bend at the knees and at the waist.
Now she is in a horizontal EVF position. I make adjustments if necessary.
Next we go the water… and preferably over a mirror. I ask the swimmer to float in Position 11 and look at the position of her elbows in relation to the top of her head. For most swimmers, the elbows will be forward of the head.
Next, I ask the swimmer to press her forearms down to a vertical position, allowing the elbows to press up and out…but not back. She should be able to see in the mirror that her elbows have remained forward of her head. This is the EVF Freeze.
After she achieves the EVF freeze position, I tell her to maintain the high-elbow position and pull both arms back toward the legs.
Then she recovers underwater to a Position 11 float and repeats the movement.
After this, I have the swimmer do the movement slowly but without pausing.
The next step is begin in a Position-11 float, but this time press only one arm back into an EVF Freeze, then complete the pull and recover the arm out and over the water.
Repeat with the other arm.
Next do this slowly but without pausing.
Another method to teach freestyle EVF is the Head- Up Scooter Drill. While holding a kickboard with one arm, she swims head-up freestyle with the other arm. She can watch her arm recovery, hand entry, and elbow position as she sets up the pull.
I instruct her to watch her ELBOW as her forearm presses back to a position under her elbow before pulling. The elbow should pop up toward the surface and move outward… but should not slide back.
Only after the forearm is in a vertical position should she engage her strong lat muscles to pull back.
An additional EVF teaching drill is the EVF Dog-Paddle Pull. Using a pull buoy and a snorkel, the swimmer begins each stroke in Position 11 and performs alternate one-arm EVF pulls.

楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:39:06
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #4: How to Use a Snorkel
thumb_0003.png
The FINIS Swimmer’s Snorkel is an incredible teaching tool for freestyle. It allows the swimmer to breathe without having to turn the head.
This allows the swimmer to relax…and focus all their attention on head position, body balance, arm recovery, pull, and kick.
The first time a young swimmer uses a FINIS Swimmer’s Snorkel, it is very important to take it slow.
Initially some swimmers will be very uncomfortable using the snorkel. Some feel claustrophobic and others are scared to breathe. Here’s a 7-step process that can help the swimmer overcome these fears and start using the snorkel like a pro.
Step #1 - Adjust the headpiece so that the snorkel fits comfortably. Have the swimmer put her goggles on first…and then the snorkel. Help her place the headpiece and adjust the tube so that it points straight up.
Do this while the swimmer is out of the water and sitting on the edge. She should put the mouthpiece in place and form a seal around the mouthpiece with her lips.
Step #2 - While sitting on the side, the swimmer should practice breathing through the snorkel. For now, just inhale and exhale through the mouth.
Step #3 - While standing on the bottom, the swimmer puts her face in the water and practices breathing just 3 slow breaths, breathing in and out just through the mouth.
Step #4 - Try the same 3 slow breaths while in a floating position…just balancing and breathing.
Increase the breathing to 10 seconds… then 20…then 30. Take a break in between.
Have the swimmer also try exhaling out through their nose. They inhale through the mouth and exhale out the nose. Some swimmers will prefer this.
Others will prefer, at least initially, to inhale and exhale only with the mouth and through the snorkel, however…
…Some swimmers may need to use a nose plug if they find that water goes up their nose.
Regardless of their breathing technique or the need to use a nose plug, see if the swimmer can float and balance and breathe comfortably for 1 minute.
Step #5 - Once they can breathe comfortably for 1 minute, ask them to kick easily for 25 yards with the arms by the sides. This often promotes a more relaxed head position initially.
Then try easy kicking with arms in front.
Step #6 - The next step is to practice easy swimming. Make sure the swimmer is breathing in a relaxed and easy manner.
Step #7 - The final step is learning to purge water from the snorkel. Have the swimmer take the snorkel off and dip the snorkel completely under the surface. Without putting the snorkel back on and without going under, have the swimmer practice blowing the water out of the tube. They can see that they can do this.
Next, have the swimmer put the snorkel on and completely submerge so that water completely fills the snorkel tube. Remind them not to inhale. Tell them to blow forcefully out their mouth 3 times to clear the water before breathing in.

楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:39:44
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #5: Correcting a Cross-Over Hand Entry
043017_Steve.jpg
This swimmer is demonstrating an optimal hand entry for freestyle. The hands enter the water on a line directly above the shoulders or even a bit wider than the shoulders. The fingertips pierce the water and extend forward. The palm faces down on entry. This kind of hand entry sets up the swimmer for an effective catch and pull, and will minimize shoulder issues.
This swimmer has what’s called a cross-over hand entry. The hands cross over the centerline of the body. This causes a slight delay before the hand connects with the water.
A cross–over hand entry is almost always caused by an improper arm recovery. For example, it’s common to see a swimmer with a high-elbow and “narrow” recovery, where the hand enters thumb first and palms turned outward. This can lead to shoulder problems if not corrected.
One way to fix this kind of arm recovery and cross-over hand entry is to change the swimmer to an OPEN recovery. The hand will be at its peak at the middle of the recovery and the angle of attack is from above. The hand entry is forward and down. The hand is driven forward and down into the catch.
The best way to build a correct hand entry is to have the swimmer WATCH their hands. On the Look-and-See Drill, the swimmer watches the path of their hands as they enter the water and extend forward.
The swimmer should be able to see both arms move forward, as if each arm is following two separate railroad tracks, about shoulder width apart from each other.
After watching 4 to 6 strokes, the swimmer lowers her head to the correct neutral head position while keeping the arms extending straight ahead.
It is extremely effective if a mirror is on the floor of the pool when she lowers her head. This way she can SEE if she’s maintaining a straight-forward hand entry with her head lowered.
If you don’t have a mirror, it helps if you can film the swimmer from head on and SHOW them how they’re doing.
In addition, positioning techniques such as holding the head and directing the arms into the correct entry position can be very effective.
Here I gently hold her head as she takes a few strokes. If she hits my arm with her fingertips, she will be aware of her cross-over.
Here I am correcting the problem at its source…at beginning of the recovery. By simply adjusting the position of the hand as it begins to move forward during the recovery, I can set her up for a straight-forward hand entry.

楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:40:18
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #6: Correcting a Dropped-Elbow Pull
092017_Haufler.jpg
Ideally, swimmers initiate their catch and pull with a high elbow and an Early Vertical Forearm. They continue to maintain a high elbow throughout the pull. It looks like this.
When a swimmer drops their elbow at the beginning of the pull, it’s almost always the result of the swimmer losing hand contact… or feel…or “connection” with the water.
To achieve an effective pull, the hands and forearms must start to put a controlled pressure on the water to initiate the catch soon after the hand enters the water.
The first drill to correct a dropped elbow on entry is the Stationary Scooter Drill. She watches her hand entry and extension…and immediately puts controlled pressure on the water with her hand and forearm.
It’s important that her hand enters the water fingertips first, with a slight flex of the wrist and with the elbow still up.
It’s important that she extends her arm at a slight angle downward so that she keeps the elbow higher than the hand before initiating the pull. She pulls with the elbow always near the surface of the water.
The next drill is the In-Water Scooter Drill, using the same focus points. Hand enters fingertip first with elbow up. Hand extends with a slight downward angle. Initiate the catch and pull with controlled pressure on the hand and forearm. Elbow is always near the surface.
The last drill for correcting a dropped elbow is the Eyes-High, Look-and-See Drill. The swimmer should be able to see both arms extend forward, one arm at a time, at a slight downward angle before pulling.
She keeps an eye on the elbow, and should see the elbow pop up slightly as the hand and forearm put pressure on the water.
As she pulls back, she needs to feel constant pressure on her hands and arms.

楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:40:56
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #7: Correct Head Position When NOT Breathing
advancedfreestyle13.jpg
When I teach freestyle, especially with beginners, I encourage a neutral head position, with the eyes looking straight down or just slightly forward. And I’m talking about the head position when the swimmer is NOT breathing. During the learning stage, this neutral head position leads to better overall body position and a more productive kick.
I teach a straight-down neutral head position, but I’ve noticed that as swimmers gain experience and speed, they will often raise the eyes forward a little when sprinting. This is OK, and this head position may be the best position for some swimmers.
I start by teaching that the head should be in line with the spine and that the back of the neck should be relaxed, with no wrinkles! I emphasize that the head should act as a stable center around which the rest of the body moves.
I have a toolbox of 5 different ways…or methods… to correct an improper head position. The first method is to use positioning techniques. I simply hold the swimmer’s head like this. Notice the position of my hands and arms. If she has a habit of moving her head, she will feel some resistance from my hands.
The second method is to use a mirror. I ask the swimmer to see their face remain still as they swim over the mirror. She should be able to see her eyes at all times.
The third method is to demonstrate with the Styrofoam head. She can see how unnecessary these movements are…with good humor.
The fourth method is to use a snorkel. It gives the swimmer a long, relaxed period to time to focus on head position, without having to worry about air.

楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:41:42
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #8: Correct Head Position While Breathing
092217_Haufler.jpg
When a swimmer breathes, her head should be horizontal. If the head is horizontal, the rest of the body will most likely be horizontal. Here’s what it looks like. Ideally, only half the face…and only one goggle… should be visible from the deck.
The major fault in freestyle breathing occurs right before the swimmer turns the head. They may be in a proper neutral head position before breathing but…
…they lift their head up and out of alignment with the spine and look forward with the eyes before turning to the side. Like this.
I use 3 methods to correct this habit. The first method is to demonstrate. I use a Styrofoam head, and I stick a pencil in the top…like this.
I ask the swimmer to put their finger on that same spot on their own head so I know that THEY know which part of the head needs to stay in the water during the breath.
Next I show them how the “head” keeps the pencil in the water when it “breathes.”
I tell them to keep their “pencil” in the water when they go to air. This image works.
A second method is to use mirrors. I have the swimmers go to air while swimming slowly over the mirror. They need to watch in the mirror…to see if they lift the eyes up right before turning the head.
To do it correctly, the swimmer needs to watch the goggles begin to travel directly to the side when going for a breath. Notice how her goggles travel directly to the side without an initial lift upward.
A third method is to use positioning techniques. I roll the swimmer’s head so that the ear rests on the shoulder when breathing. There should be no “water space” between the ear and the arm and shoulder.
I roll her head to the one-eye breathing position. When the swimmer does this correctly, they keep the top of the head in the water when going to air.

楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:42:19
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #9: Freestyle Sprint
thumb_0000.png
This swimmer is sprinting 25 yards of freestyle. Notice how the arms drive immediately into the catch. She doesn’t keep the arms out front or ride out the extension.
Her head is down but her eyes are slightly forward. She’s holding her breath…t’s only one length.
She pulls back fairly straight without any zig-zag or “S” movement in her pull pattern. She has been taught to pull toward the outside of her thigh, in a straight line. Her hands are deeper and her arms are straighter at this high speed than when she swims at slower speeds.
Notice her kick. It’s a non-stop, 6-beat kick, which means that she kicks SIX TIMES during one complete arm cycle…or THREE KICKS per arm. Her hips are stabilized by her kick. There’s not much rotation in her hips, but you’ll notice the shoulders are rotating.
Notice her arm recovery. Her arms are almost straight and move in a rainbow-type arc.

楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-30 22:42:57
Advanced Freestyle Swim Lesson #10: Freestyle Sprint Kick
thumb_0000 (1).png
This swimmer is using a steady and consistent 6-beat kick.
This 6-beat rhythm includes 6 downbeats of the legs per complete stroke cycle.
If we slow things down, we can count the down kicks, starting from the moment that one arm enters…to the moment that arm enters AGAIN.
You can also think of it as 3 kicks per armstroke. If we focus on the right arm, you’ll notice that there is a downbeat on the entry of the right arm… a downbeat about half-way during the pull… and a downbeat at the exit of the right arm.
The same timing can be observed on the left arm.
The 6-beat kicking rhythm is natural to many swimmers and usually needs no specific instruction. Perfect timing between the kicks and the arm cycle, leads to better rotation and a smoother, cleaner stroke.
However, problems do occur with some swimmers. When swimmers have a wide or scissor-type of kick, it is usually caused by an improper arm recovery, by over rotation, or by a cross-over pull pattern.
By correcting the arm action of a swimmer, and then letting the swimmer just swim without trying to kick, the swimmer will often naturally begin to move the legs in a 6-beat fashion.
As the swimmer becomes aware of this natural movement of the legs, all they have to increase their speed is to put some force into their kicking movement.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表新帖

推荐课程

游泳科学:优化水中运动表现的技术、体能、营养和康复指导 是全面展现游泳运动科学知识与运动表现提升的专业指导书。全书从游泳运动的发展历程、科研发现、装备与技术革新,以及这项运动所涉及的运动员生理、心理和技术层面的理论与实践讲起,通过科学图表与数据分析,将优化游泳运动表现的重要方面——技术、体能、营养和康复进行了细致地讲解。书中还重点介绍了游泳训练的方法,包括泳池训练和陆上训练两部分,旨在帮助游泳教练、运动员及爱好者形成标准化的训练体系,有效提升游泳运动表现。
¥128 游泳技术
中级 类型:游泳训练
立即学习 17076人已学习
蛙泳的基本技术
¥免费 蛙泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16371人已学习
仰泳的基本技术
¥免费 仰泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16198人已学习