[高清视频] BUTTERFLY BREATHING

[复制链接]
iswim 发表于 2017-12-25 21:20:28
21827 57
For the final week of 2017, we count down the top 7 most-watched videos of the year. In the #7 spot is "butterfly Breathing" from Go Swim Butterfly Basics with Steve Haufler.

完整学习游泳课程英文案例:

Step #5: Butterfly Breathing
The best way to think of breathing in butterfly is that it’s an extension of the body motion – and very much connected to the pull.
I often teach butterfly breathing by telling the swimmer to breathe when they start the pull.
In reality, the breath comes later in the pull, but new butterfliers need to know that early in the pull, they will be going to air.
By keeping the head and neck in line with the spine, the swimmer should feel the top of the head move forward… to clear the mouth for a breath of air.
As the swimmers begin the press on the water with their hands and forearms, and they feel themselves moving forward, they should know they are going for air.
I demonstrate like this.
I teach this by having the swimmers isolate one breath with a pull.
They start in butterfly float and look at the floor of the pool. When they start the pull they should think of moving forward for air, and then return the face to the water before the arms land out front.
When I teach butterfly breathing, I teach the “two befores.”
I tell them, “You breathe before your arms come out of the water, and you return your face to the water before the arms land.

楼主| iswim 发表于 2017-12-25 21:39:41
Hello. My name is Steve Haufler. Ever since I started coaching—more than 30 years ago—I’ve had a passion for finding the most effective ways to teach butterfly.
In this video I want to share with you the methods that have helped me teach an efficient and fast butterfly to swimmers of all ages and abilities.
In Part 1, I’ll show you how to teach butterfly from on deck – without ever getting in the water.
I’ll also show you how to teach butterfly from in the water.
My goal is to give you a variety of ways to teach butterfly.
In Part 2, I’ll share the drills, phrases, and teaching methods that I use to fix the most common butterfly stroke problems.
In Part 3, you’ll find ways to teach the all-important underwater dolphin kick.
And in Part 4, I’ll share my favorite drills for fine-tuning the butterfly stroke and for getting swimmers ready for top performance.
My goal is to give you simple progressions for teaching butterfly…and a big bag of tricks that you can reach into, to make learning fun and to help students “get it.”
After more than 30 years of teaching and coaching butterfly, I’ve found 10 things that really help and they are simple: Be patient with the learning process, use a combination of teaching methods and take it one step at a time. Get in the water to teach, keep the instructions short and simple, and swim only short distances. Know what world-class butterfly looks like so you understand the details, and be prepared to start teaching the swimmers from scratch. And…believe in yourself and your students.
When teaching butterfly from the deck, I follow a 5-step teaching progression.
Step #1 is to teach Body Position. Specifically, I want them to learn what I call the Butterfly Float – the landing position.
Step #2 is to teach Arms, and this includes both recovery…
… and pull.
Step #3 is to teach Body Dolphin…and I teach head-lead body dolphin and hand-lead body dolphin.
Step #4 is to teach Timing.
And Step #5 is to teach Breathing.
There are benefits for the coach in knowing how to teach butterfly from the deck. Aside from the obvious benefit of staying dry, the number one advantage is that your swimmers can see you better and hear you better.
From on deck, you can teach several butterfliers at the same time.
From on deck, it’s easier to maintain discipline and control with a group of young athletes.
From on deck, you can still demonstrate technique.
And, when your swimmers are out of the water, you can use positioning techniques to help them feel the correct movements.
In addition, some swimmers may learn better when you’re on deck because you have better control over the learning environment and there are fewer distractions.
Step #1: Butterfly Body Position
For twenty years I used to teach butterfly by starting with the kick. But I’ve found that I can get to this a lot quicker if I teach body position first, then arms, then kick.
To teach body position from on deck, I start with the swimmers on deck. Have them stand with their arms extended overhead and with a natural curve in the lower spine.
The head should be in a neutral position, with eyes looking straight ahead. Make sure the swimmer is not tucking the chin.
Position their arms straight up over the shoulders and at shoulder width, or just a little wider.
The palms should face forward -- with a slight pitch outward.
The fingers should point straight up or ...with the wrist flexed a little… the fingers can point slightly to the side.
Now, tell the swimmers to bring their arms back so that the shoulders are in-line with or slightly behind the ears. Don’t let them tuck the chin.
If swimmers have trouble with this position while standing, have them try it lying down. Have them lie face down with the chest on one kick board and the hips on four kickboards. The feet should be hanging DOWN, with toes touching the ground. A swimmer who looks like this has a butterfly body.
Next, go to the water and find that same position, with the swimmer standing on the bottom.
Then, have the swimmer fall forward into the butterfly float.
This is the soft landing position of the arms. This is where the arms will land on every stroke of butterfly. The landing will be soft and, during the learning phase, they’ll land in this position and pause.
Have the swimmers repeat the process. Stand and get the arms in position, then fall into the butterfly float. Shoulders are in line with the ears. Arms are extended, and hands are positioned at shoulder width or a little wider.
The head is in neutral. The eyes look straight down. Start by having the swimmers learn this key body position.
Step #2: Butterfly Arm Recovery
I begin teaching the recovery from a standing position on the deck.
I demonstrate by starting with my hands a few inches from my sides.
With my hands completely relaxed, my palms facing my legs and my fingers hanging down, I swing my arms slowly around and pause them directly overhead above my shoulders in the butterfly float position.
The movement originates from my shoulders. The arms are straight, and they stay in line with the sides of my body.
I guide the swimmers through the motion, like this, making sure they lift from the shoulders.
I want them to feel this big, relaxed, in-line swing of the arms.
Note: If they do this drill while standing in shallow water, it’s helpful to have their backs against the wall, like this.
Next, I demonstrate the recovery in the flat-back position, like this.
I’m looking at the ground, my hands are a few inches from my sides, and now my fingers are facing back.
I demonstrate the recovery by leading with the wrists, and with thumbs down.
I swing the arms around… and stop in the butterfly float position, like this.
The swimmers will start in the flat-back position, with arms by their sides.
They swing from the shoulders, with arms straight, and pretend to land softly in the butterfly float position.
Make sure they are not lifting up or turning the thumbs up or leading the recovery with the hands.
I guide them through the correct movement.
If they are bent over in the water, tell them to “watch your thumbs skim across the surface.”
Then, I say, “Swing your arms through the air just one inch over the top of the water.”
Next, I want the swimmers to do the recovery from a floating position, starting with the arms a few inches from their sides.
They do a “snow angel” recovery and move the arms from the shoulders, going the “long way around.”
The starting position is with the arms straight and hands relaxed with fingers facing back, like a “flag blowing in the wind.” From this position, the arms return softly to the butterfly float position.
The swimmer can practice multiple recoveries, like this, by standing up and starting over after each landing.

Step #2: Butterfly Arms Pull
To teach the butterfly pull, we start standing, with arms extended in the butterfly float position.
I demonstrate a vertical butterfly pull very slowly.
I have them follow along, slowly. They watch and listen.
“Turn your palms toward the ground; keep your elbows in the same place as you “V” into a diamond position with the hands at the level of the eyes and at the width of the shoulders.”
The swimmer should pause and make sure that the elbows are higher than the shoulders… and that the palms and forearms are level and are facing the ground, and still in a diamond position.
From this position, and while still standing upright, the swimmer should keep the palms facing the ground as they press the hands down and out to their sides, rounding out the exit and returning to the butterfly float position.
I will physically assist the swimmers with the vertical pull and recovery.
In this vertical position, I also use a kickboard to help the swimmers “feel” the correct movement of the pull, like this.
Next I demonstrate the butterfly pull by starting in a bent-over, flat-back position.
I then have the swimmers try this – they get in a flat-back/ butterfly float position and I assist them through the motion of the pull and recovery.
I sometimes use a board to provide a platform for their hands to press against.
Then, we return to the water.
Start in the butterfly float position and complete a single pull and recovery, without breathing and without any other body movement,
The command is: FLOAT—DIAMOND—PRESS—SWING.
After they can do one correct cycle, I allow them to do two or three, but remember: without breathing.
Step #3: Body Dolphin (Head Lead)
The best way to teach body dolphin from the deck is to have one of your swimmers who can do the skill correctly demonstrate for the learners. Remind your demonstrator to look at the bottom, keep the hands at the sides, and to do a gentle dolphin motion while completely under water.
Have the swimmers go under and watch… and then immediately try it.
If they need more instruction, have them come out of the water and manipulate their body… like this.
Or, try the butterfly bump. Have the swimmers stand about 4 inches away from a wall, and instruct them to gently press the chest forward, just a few inches, and their bottom will bump the wall.
Return to the straight-up standing position and repeat.
Don’t overdo the press… and don’t tuck and lift the chin.
Now, have the swimmer put on fins, and try the skill again in the water.
I tell them to start the movement from the press of the chest and don’t bend the knees too much. “Dolphins don’t have knees.”
They want to think of going forward.
Step #3: Body Dolphin (Hand Lead)
To teach Hand-Lead Body Dolphin, have the swimmers start in the butterfly float position.
Use the abs and hips to start the undulating movement that will travel all the way down the body and out through the feet.
Send your fingers straight forward as the hips rise.
Tell the swimmers to, “Keep the toenails under water and press them down to make the hips rise up.” This will create a smooth and splash-free body dolphin.
Do a number of body dolphins, keeping the hands as close to the surface as possible and not breathing, to get a good feel for the movement.
Now, the next step is real important, and it is critical to this teaching progression and to the separation drill that’s coming up next.
The swimmer must know how to do one -- and only one 00complete arm-leading body dolphin.
FLOAT--BODY DOLPHIN—FLOAT.
It helps to begin from a wall push-off.
It’s a shallow surface dive, going “under a log” and coming up on the other side without scratching your back.
Try it with fins. Keep practicing until all of your swimmers can do a single cycle of Float…Body Dolphin…Float. Once they have this essential skill, the next step – Timing – will be easier to master.

Step #3: Butterfly Kick (Body Dolphin)
To teach butterfly kick, which is really a whole-body movement called “body dolphin,” I have the swimmer float face down with arms at their sides.
I place one arm along her spine with my hand on the back of her head and the other hand gently on her forehead,
I move her through the motion like this. Remember to keep moving the swimmer forward.
In the mirror, she sees her face at all times as she presses and releases the chest.
She sees her legs moving together and her feet under water.
She sees her toenails pressing down and not making a splash,
Next, the swimmer floats face down with arms extended on the surface of the water in Butterfly Float position.
Make sure her arms are higher than her ears and that her head is still in neutral. Notice how I position her arms to get her started.
With the arms in front she sees the same things in the mirror—face always visible, legs together, feet in the water.
Next, the swimmer does several body dolphins as I keep her hands near the surface.
Then, the swimmer body dolphins as I stabilize her head, preventing the chin from tucking and rising.
Next, she tries it on her own, without breathing.
Don’t allow the swimmer to do an up-and-down “hula hands” movement out front.
It’s OK for the hands to press out a little when the hips rise, as this can help set up the pull when we add that later.
Next, she needs to learn what a single body dolphin feels like, with the arms out front, so she can do the separation drill that’s coming up next.
I position my body and guide her through just one movement.
She goes…float…body dolphin…float—and keeps her arms higher than her ears.
Next, she tries it on her own.

Step #4: Butterfly Timing (Putting It All Together…two different ways)
Separation Drill with Arms First
When the swimmer is ready to put all the parts together, I have her do a separation drill.
I guide her through the entire movement.
We start in the Butterfly Float position. I guide her through a pull and recovery, then through a complete body dolphin.
Next, she tries it on her own.
This is what she sees in the mirror…arms only…body dolphin only…head stays in neutral.
If she can do one cycle well, I move on to multiple cycles, keeping the movement more continuous.
Watch what I do after the first cycle…and this is very important. As she is rising up after the first body dolphin, I start the next pull as she begins to come up and before her shoulders break the surface.
Here you can see it from another angle. The pull starts as the swimmer begins to come up and before her shoulders break the surface.
Next, she tries multiple cycles without my guidance. You want her to pull to come up…not come up to pull.
Step #4: Separation Drill with Body Dolphin First
This is a minor variation for teaching butterfly timing. Some swimmers learn it better this way.
We start in Butterfly Float position. I guide her through the body dolphin and then through a pull and recovery.
In the mirror, she sees herself do a body dolphin and then, as she starts to rise, she keeps looking in the mirror and starts her pull before she breaks the surface. Say, “Pull to come up.”
When she can do that on her own, I move on to multiple cycles. I start with body dolphin and then, as she starts to come up, and before her shoulders break the surface, I guide her through the arms.
Next, she tries multiple cycles on her own.

schino 发表于 2017-12-27 22:44:42
谢谢分享!!非常好的方法!!
lqhai 发表于 2017-12-27 23:27:11
好好学习,提高游泳水平!谢谢悠游游泳网!
路易 发表于 2018-1-2 21:54:46
谢谢分享!!非常好的方法!!
江中魔鱼 发表于 2018-1-12 13:19:11
谢谢分享!!非常好的方法!!
微微海风 发表于 2018-1-15 19:13:03
谢谢分享!!非常好的方法!!
左右瞳 发表于 2018-1-16 22:38:39
好好学习,提高游泳水平!谢谢悠游游泳网!
taeki 发表于 2018-1-21 22:50:46
谢谢悠游游泳网!!!希望分享更多的福利贴!!!
班班 发表于 2018-2-2 14:51:47
谢谢分享,很好的游泳技巧!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表新帖

推荐课程

游泳科学:优化水中运动表现的技术、体能、营养和康复指导 是全面展现游泳运动科学知识与运动表现提升的专业指导书。全书从游泳运动的发展历程、科研发现、装备与技术革新,以及这项运动所涉及的运动员生理、心理和技术层面的理论与实践讲起,通过科学图表与数据分析,将优化游泳运动表现的重要方面——技术、体能、营养和康复进行了细致地讲解。书中还重点介绍了游泳训练的方法,包括泳池训练和陆上训练两部分,旨在帮助游泳教练、运动员及爱好者形成标准化的训练体系,有效提升游泳运动表现。
¥128 游泳技术
中级 类型:游泳训练
立即学习 17177人已学习
蛙泳的基本技术
¥免费 蛙泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16674人已学习
仰泳的基本技术
¥免费 仰泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16400人已学习