[外文游泳文献] Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte talk about their rivalry

[复制链接]
小臭贝 发表于 2011-7-13 20:44:38
11670 1
76125183.jpg
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-7-13 20:44:52
Newly minted Olympic team members Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte are featured on the cover of the August issue of Men's Journal.

The two polar opposites share a much talked about, friendly rivalry, and after an intense trials are looking forward to Beijing.

Below are some highlights from the interview.

• Phelps on the past year

“I’ve never had a year like this…It’s weird. I have no idea what it is, but I’m going to get myself out of it. [Coach Bob Bowman] and I are working to get ourselves out of it.”

• Phelps, on being a “favorite”

“No one is a lock. If there were any locks they’d cancel the Olympics and hand out medals. Favorites fall.”

• Lochte on Phelps

“I think it’s good that we’re pushing each other. Most of the things you hear about rivalries, it’s people who hate each other. But that’s totally not us."

• USA Swimming head coach Mark Shubert on the rivalry

“Ryan is the best thing to ever happen to Michael. Because even though Michael isn’t one to rest on his laurels, he can’t since Ryan is right there. Ryan is continuing to improve, and Ryan is so close to them in all the events they both swim.”

• Phelps on his current state of mind

“Growing up, never really having a break, never really taking time off – I want to get through [Beijing] and have time to relax. I’ve always been on other people’s schedules. I’ve been doing what they told me. I’m just looking forward to being able to do whatever I want and only listen to myself. Not have a workout schedule. Not have to be here for an interview or there for a shoot. I’m going to do whatever I want to do, go wherever I want to go.”

• Phelps on being depressed over the past year

“Everyone can be. I’m not saying I haven’t been. My head wasn’t in it. I wasn’t mentally there. It just shows, in the blink of an eye, you can lose something.”

• Phelps on contemplating “normalcy” in high school

“I would think about it and say, What the hell am I doing? I can’t quit swimming and play high school sports. But there were times when I was just fed up and didn’t want to do it anymore.”

• Greg Troy, Lochte’s coach

“If we zero in now and take things away, that’s going to add stress. I think a big key for him to succeed in swimming is the fun factor. I shouldn’t say we don’t talk about it though. We do. I told him no motorcycle – he wanted a motorcycle. But he’s been so focused at the pool that I try to leave him alone when he’s out of the water.”

• Lochte, on his focus

“If I just did swimming and sat around, I’d probably go insane and quit. Sometimes I just need to be able to do something to get my mind off of it.”

• Phelps on Lochte

“It’s business. We’re trying to see who can get their hand on the wall first. We never talk about it. .

• U.S. Team Member Brendan Hansen on Lochte

“Lochte has that element of craziness about him…You’re like, Wow, this kid is kind of…out there. He does whatever he wants. He just shows up, and if the water is wet he gets in. that mentality – it doesn’t matter what I do prior to the race, I’m going to swim fast – is definitely interesting.”
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表新帖

推荐课程

游泳科学:优化水中运动表现的技术、体能、营养和康复指导 是全面展现游泳运动科学知识与运动表现提升的专业指导书。全书从游泳运动的发展历程、科研发现、装备与技术革新,以及这项运动所涉及的运动员生理、心理和技术层面的理论与实践讲起,通过科学图表与数据分析,将优化游泳运动表现的重要方面——技术、体能、营养和康复进行了细致地讲解。书中还重点介绍了游泳训练的方法,包括泳池训练和陆上训练两部分,旨在帮助游泳教练、运动员及爱好者形成标准化的训练体系,有效提升游泳运动表现。
¥128 游泳技术
中级 类型:游泳训练
立即学习 17278人已学习
蛙泳的基本技术
¥免费 蛙泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16674人已学习
仰泳的基本技术
¥免费 仰泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16400人已学习