[外文游泳文献] Agnel beats Biedermann in 400 free at Euros

[复制链接]
小臭贝 发表于 2011-2-10 22:58:51
8984 0
0.jpg
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) - Yannick Agnel of France won the 400-meter freestyle at the European Championships, beating world record-holder Paul Biedermann of Germany in the final on Monday.

Agnel, who was a gold medallist in five events earlier this year at the Junior Europeans, clocked 3 minutes, 46.17 seconds to beat Biedermann by 0.13 seconds. Gergo Kis of Hungary was third, 1.97 seconds back.

"I wanted a perfect race for my first final at this level," Agnel said. "The competition was tough throughout the whole race. We battled against each other. I had only the inkling of an idea that I could win."

Biedermann, who swam over six seconds slower than his world record pace, set in 2009 with the recently banned bodysuits, said he should have started his finishing sprint earlier.

"He was better. I probably increased the pace too late," said Biedermann, who was fourth with 150 meters left but made up one position in each of the next two laps.

Nikita Lobintsev of Russia, the top qualifier, was fourth in the final, 2.29 seconds off the pace set by Agnel, who took the lead from Lobintsev after the initial lap and led the rest of the way.

The 30th edition of the European Championships is the first major international meet where competitors can no longer wear the neck-to-ankle bodysuits which helped set dozens of world records in recent years.

In the women's 400 individual medley, Hannah Miley of Britain overtook pre-race favorite Katinka Hosszu of Hungary with two laps to go and held on to win in 4:33.09, a new meet best.

Hosszu, the event's European record holder, was 3.34 seconds behind, with compatriot Zsuzsanna Jakabos third.

"It's great, a fantastic race," the Swindon-born Miley said. "The Hungarians put a lot of pressure on me. I never met them both together in an event."

Hosszu's first lap was the fastest of the race, but it may have contributed to her poor finish.

"I am not disappointed with the silver medal, but rather by my time," Hosszu said. "I probably started the race too fast."

Russia won the men's 4x100 freestyle relay in a time of 3:12.46, knocking 0.66 seconds off the meet record set in Monday's qualifying session by France, which was second in the final ahead of Sweden.

Germany won the women's 4x100 freestyle relay, expertly anchored by Daniela Schreiber. She began the last two laps with her team in fourth place but was able to pass Hungary, Britain and Sweden for gold. Britain took silver and Sweden bronze.

In the afternoon semifinals, Camille Lacourt of France improved on the meet record in the men's 100 backstroke that he set in the morning qualifying heats. Lacourt's time of 52.58 seconds was 0.69 seconds better than his morning time.

Spanish swimmer Rafael Munoz, who last week avoided a doping ban, won the semifinal of the 50 butterfly event.

Munoz had a time of 23.15, beating Frederick Bousquet of France by 0.15 seconds. Steffen Dreibler of Germany was third.

Munoz, who holds the world record in the event, was cleared by the sport's global authority, FINA, which accepted medical evidence that he was in a vulnerable psychological condition" when first failing to report his whereabouts for out-of-competition testing.

Munoz had three reporting failures since the 2009 world championships in Rome, enough for at least a two-month ban according to anti-doping rules.

Alexander Dale Oen of Norway clocked 59.29 to take first in the semifinals of the 100 breaststroke, 1.25 seconds faster than Hugues Duboscq of France. Daniel Gyurta of Hungary was third.

In the women's events, world record holder Therese Alshammar of Sweden was the top semifinalist in the 50 butterfly, ahead of countrywoman Sarah Sjoestroem and Jeannette Ottesen from Denmark.

The 200 backstroke semifinal was won by Duane Da Rocha Marce of Spain, ahead of two British swimmers, Elizabeth Simmonds and Gemma Spofforth.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表新帖

推荐课程

游泳科学:优化水中运动表现的技术、体能、营养和康复指导 是全面展现游泳运动科学知识与运动表现提升的专业指导书。全书从游泳运动的发展历程、科研发现、装备与技术革新,以及这项运动所涉及的运动员生理、心理和技术层面的理论与实践讲起,通过科学图表与数据分析,将优化游泳运动表现的重要方面——技术、体能、营养和康复进行了细致地讲解。书中还重点介绍了游泳训练的方法,包括泳池训练和陆上训练两部分,旨在帮助游泳教练、运动员及爱好者形成标准化的训练体系,有效提升游泳运动表现。
¥128 游泳技术
中级 类型:游泳训练
立即学习 17379人已学习
蛙泳的基本技术
¥免费 蛙泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16775人已学习
仰泳的基本技术
¥免费 仰泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16501人已学习