[外文游泳文献] Interview: U.S. swimmer Natalie Coughlin(含译文)

[复制链接]
小臭贝 发表于 2011-3-2 21:00:13
10940 1
U.S. Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin, who won six medals -- including a gold -- in Beijing, recently sat down with Universal Sports for an exclusive interview before she took part in a cooking demonstration at a Wegman's supermarket in Northern Virginia. She touched on everything from her Olympic experience in China to her workout routine and eating habits. When will she return to competitive swimming? Check out her response below.

Q: Talk about the Olympics and the whole experience in Beijing.

It seems like a lifetime ago, but it was overwhelming. As much as I enjoyed I'm glad it's behind me. It was a very, very long nine days of competition for me and everybody else. It was intense. Overwhelming is the only way to describe it really.

Q: Was there a lot of pressure in Beijing?

Obviously there is pressure because it's the Olympics, so that's kind of a given. I've been competing for over 20 years, so I've gotten used to dealing with pressure in competition, but it's the Olympics so it's a much bigger stage.

Q: The backstroke is your strongest event. Is it more important to have a good kick or a strong arm motion?

It's different for everybody. For me, the kick is very important. I have much more of a leg-driven stroke than I do an arm-driven stroke, and that's why I have such a slow turn. But it's different for everybody.

Q: What was it like seeing Michael Phelps make history?

I was competing almost every day. I got to see a lot of his races but mostly from the warm-up or warm-down pool because I was trying to get ready for my own races.

Q: What does it feel like standing on the medal podium, hearing the National Anthem being played with a gold medal around your neck?

Well fortunately, between the past two Olympics, I've won three and each one is very very different. In Beijing, the only way to describe it is it's just really emotional and overwhelming. You're very, very hapy but you're also relieved. It's almost indescribable.

Q: What has been the key to your success in the pool?

That's hard to say because I have no idea what other people do. I just know that for me, it's important to be consistent in practice and it's important to get a lot of racing experience. Last year I traveled around doing the World Cup circuit. It was very important for me to get lots and lots of racing experience last year.

I think [the World Cup] helped a lot because there aren't that many opportunities for a post-collegiate swimmer in the U.S. I had sought out competitions and I think that really helped, especially in the fall period.

Q: How much does the Speedo LZR Racer really help, and does it provide an unfair advantage?

To say it's an unfair advantage is ridiculous because everyone was wearing them. The LZR is a great suit. Speedo is an amazing company; I've worn Speedo for my entire career. It's a fantastic suit, but the people in the suits were the ones breaking world records, not the suit.

Q: As far as your diet, what types of food do you eat daily?

I eat really healthy. This is an amazing store and I wish we had one where I live. I try to cook fresh ingredients every day -- lots and lots of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, things like that. I try to lead a balanced life so that if I want a certain thing I don't deprive myself, but I try to eat healthy most of the time.

Q: Do you almost pride yourself on eating healthy?

It's kind of my mentality. I don't take supplements, I don't do any of that, and the only way to get all the nutritional things that you need -- vitamins and minerals -- is to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. Being a professional athlete, it's very important to fuel myself with quality fuels, rather than crap.

Q: You are into cooking. When did you start to cook?

Although I cooked a little bit in highschool, I didn't start seriously cooking until after my Freshman year in college.

Q: Describe a typical day's meals ... what you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Do you ever snack?

I snack on nuts, fruits, veggies and olives.  I usually have some cereal or oatmeal in the morning.  Kashi tends to be my favorite.  For lunch I'll have a large salad and some sort of wrap.  I love spinach tortilla, turkey, cream cheese, hot sauce and red peppers.  Dinner's always different but it often includes lots of veggies, whole grains and lean proteins.

Q: Was it difficult to eat healthy in Beijing?

Considering that they're feeding thousands of people, [the food] was pretty good. It is cafeteria food in many ways, but at that point it doesn't really matter. It's about getting the calories you need for the 10 days or nine days I had to be there.

Q: Do you watch cooking shows and do you have a favorite chef?

I love watching cooking shows.  My favorite chefs are Alice Waters, Giada de Laurentis and Tyler Florence because their cooking styles are similar to my own -- or so I like to think!  Also, Alton Brown is the best teacher of all the celebrity chefs.

Q: Talk about your workout sessions and routines.

Going into the Olympics, I work out six days a week and I take off from swimming Wednesdays and Sundays. I do a lot of running, I do pilates a lot and I lift weights. I have a mixture of cross training as well as swimming.

Lately all I've been doing is running -- I really haven't been swimming all that much. It always changes and they're very different. I like having the variety because it keeps things fresh and it keeps things interesting, and it keeps me motivated so I am not doing the same thing every single day. Some days I'll swim a lot and some days I won't swim at all, and I'll just do pilates and running. Or I will just swim and lift weights. It's nice to have that variety.

Q: Where do you train?

I train at [University of California]-Berkley, which is where I went to school.

Q: What are your swimming plans for the immediate future?

I'll go for London in 2012, but right now I'm taking a very long break. Staying in shape but pretty much staying our of the water. I probably will be starting to compete again next fall during the World Cup circuit.

Q: Do you have any advice for young swimmers that want to get started in the sport, but might be afraid of water, or don't know where to swim?

There are club teams everywhere you go. I grew up in California and we have a plethora of teams to choose from. But just get started. It's great because you're outside in the sun and it's a lot of fun. And it's really important just to focus on the team aspect of it and having fun with your friends. And just being active -- that's the main thing. If kids want to swim, if they want to play soccer, or whatever, they have to get outside and be active and healthy.
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-3-2 21:01:28
0.jpg

在北京奥运会的到6块奖牌包括其中一块金牌的美国奥运选手考夫林日前在universal sports接受了独家专访,之后她还将到北弗吉尼亚的一家超市进行厨艺展示。在谈话中,她谈及了许多,其中包括她到中国的奥林匹克经历,她的训练方式以及她的饮食习惯。那她什么时候会回到竞赛游泳中呢?以下请让我们一起看看她的回答。

问:说说你在北京以及参加奥林匹克的经历。
这感觉像是很久以前的事情了,但是那时候感觉让人记忆深刻。 就像我很享受当时的比赛,我很高兴这都过去了。对我和其他任何人来说,那9天比赛非常非常地长,比赛也十分的紧张。紧张激烈,记忆深刻真的是唯一能描述这次经历的。

问:在北京感觉有压力吗?
很显然有,因为那是奥林匹克比赛,所以肯定是有压力的。我已经比赛了20年了,所以也学会了处理比赛中的压力,但是那是奥林匹克,是一个大得多的舞台。

问:仰泳是你的最强项。你认为好的打腿技术重要还是好的划水技术重要呢?
每个人不一样。对我而言,打腿非常的重要。我的打腿技术比划水技术好的多,这也是我的转身这么慢的原因。但是每个人不一样的。

问:看迈克菲尔普斯创造历史的感觉怎么样?
我基本上每天都在比赛。我可以看到他的比赛,但更多的是在热身和放松池看到他,因为我需要准备我自己的比赛。

问:当你站在领奖台上,脖子上挂着金牌,听着国歌奏起的感觉是什么样的呢?
很幸运的,在前面两届比赛中,我的三块奖牌,每块都是不一样的。在北京,唯一能形容那种感觉的是激动,开心。你会觉得非常非常的开心,而且你也会觉得轻松了。这种感觉是很难形容的。

问:你觉得是什么让你在游泳方面成功的呢?
这个很难说的,因为我不知道别的人怎么做的。我只知道对于我来说,持续的练习很重要,并且你需要去比赛,去得到更多的比赛经验,这也一样重要。去年我一整年都在世界各地参加世界杯循环赛。这对我来说很重要,因为在去年我得到了很多很多的比赛经验。
我觉得那些比赛帮助了我很多因为在美国,对于一个已经毕业的游泳运动员来说,比赛的机会不是很多。我一直想获得更多的比赛,我觉得那确实帮助了我很多,特别在秋季的那个阶段。

问:你觉得Speedo LZR Racer真的对你有帮助吗?并且你觉得这是一个不公平的优势吗?
说这不公平是荒谬的因为大家都穿着它比赛。 LZR是一套很棒的泳衣。Speedo是一家令人惊讶的公司,我的游泳生涯我一直都穿着speedo。那套泳衣非常的好,但是破纪录的是那些人,而不是泳衣。

问:至于你的饮食,你每天一般都吃什么样的食物呢?
我吃得非常的健康。我每天尝试着用新鲜的东西煮饭,像一些新鲜的水果蔬菜,一些无脂肪的蛋白质,还有一些全麦的食品,已经另外一些类似的食物。我试着有一个平衡的生活,当我真的想要吃什么的时候我不会限制我自己,但是大部分时间我还是让自己吃得健康一些。

问:你会为你每天的健康饮食感到满意吗?
这个其实是我自己的思想。我不吃营养品,我觉得想要得到所有你需要的营养像维他命或者矿物质,最好的方法就是多吃各种各样的水果蔬菜。作为一个专业运动员,给自己补足营养是很重要的。

问:你现在经常下厨,什么时候开始的呢?
我在高中多少会自己煮点东西,但是直到大学一年级以后才真正开始更多的下厨。

问:说说你一天的饮食,你在早餐午餐晚餐分别吃些什么呢?你会吃点心吗?
我会吃一些坚果、水果、素食、橄榄之类的作为小点心。早晨我经常吃一些谷类食品或者麦片。Kashi(应该是一种品牌)是我最喜欢的。在中午,我会吃很多沙拉,我喜欢菠菜饼,火鸡肉,奶油芝士,辣以及一些红椒。晚上吃的经常不一样,但是大部分时间内都会博阿扩一些素食,全麦食品和蛋白质。

问:在北京是不是很难吃得健康?
想到他们需要给那么多运动员提供食物,那些食品其实挺不错的。饭餐是自助的,有许多的菜。但其实这都并不重要,重要的是能得到你9天或10天所需要的卡路里。

问:说说你的训练计划。
在参加奥林匹克之前的一段时间,我每周训练6天,周三和周日并不进行游泳训练。并且我经常跑步和做健身操,同时我进行一些力量训练。除了游泳之外,我还有很多不同形式的训练。
到后来,其实我并没有一直只在游泳,我更多的是去跑步。我的训练经常在变,而且它们都是不同的。我喜欢有很多不同的训练方式,因为这会让我觉得很新鲜很有趣,同时也会让我更有动力,所以我并没有每天重复相同的训练。有些时候我以游泳为主,有些时候我以跑步健身操为主。或者有时候我就进行游泳和力量训练。有不同的训练方式的感觉真的很棒!

问:你都在哪里训练呢?
我都在伯克利大学训练,那是我之前读的学校。

问:你接下来的游泳计划是什么呢?
我将参加2012年在伦敦举行的奥林匹克运动会,但是现在我正在休息。我试着保持体型,但是不去游泳。我可能在明年秋季的世界循环赛上再次参加比赛。

问:对于一些想要开始他们运动员生涯的年轻游泳者,或者那些怕水的,不知道去哪里游泳的游泳者,你能为他们提供一些建议吗?
现在到处都有很多的游泳俱乐部。我在加州长大,我们有很多的游泳队可以选择。在外面晒着太阳的感觉真的很棒,并且很有乐趣。更重要的是集中精力训练并且认识更多的朋友,和他们一起享受乐趣。最主要的是要积极一些。如果孩子想要游泳或者踢球,或者进行其他运动,他们必须到外面去运动,并且他们必须积极和健康一些。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表新帖

推荐课程

游泳科学:优化水中运动表现的技术、体能、营养和康复指导 是全面展现游泳运动科学知识与运动表现提升的专业指导书。全书从游泳运动的发展历程、科研发现、装备与技术革新,以及这项运动所涉及的运动员生理、心理和技术层面的理论与实践讲起,通过科学图表与数据分析,将优化游泳运动表现的重要方面——技术、体能、营养和康复进行了细致地讲解。书中还重点介绍了游泳训练的方法,包括泳池训练和陆上训练两部分,旨在帮助游泳教练、运动员及爱好者形成标准化的训练体系,有效提升游泳运动表现。
¥128 游泳技术
中级 类型:游泳训练
立即学习 17379人已学习
蛙泳的基本技术
¥免费 蛙泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16775人已学习
仰泳的基本技术
¥免费 仰泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16501人已学习