[外文游泳文献] Swim like a fish

[复制链接]
小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:52:38
15117 19
0.jpg
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:52:50
by Daniel Drollette

FORGET RAW POWER

If you want to swim really fast, stop thrashing about, relax and feel the water. Olympic coach Gennadi Touretski tells Daniel Drollette how to torpedo the opposition.
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:53:01
THERE'S humiliation and then there's real humiliation. While swimming in the local outdoor pool in Canberra, a guy swept past me like a torpedo to my tugboat. I felt bad. I actually rocked in the water as he swam by. But the feeling didn't last long once I realised that the torpedo was Alexander Popov, two-time Olympic gold medal winner and holder of the world record for the 100 metres freestyle. In the next lane gleamed the menacing shaven head of Popov's training partner, Michael Klim, who has swum the fastest time ever in the 100 metres butterfly. I had unwittingly crawled into part of the pool where these elite athletes occasionally train for a change of scene from the indoor pool at the nearby Australian Institute of Sport.
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:53:15
Popov seemed to slide effortlessly through the water, elbow bent overhead in classic freestyle position, long arms slicing forward with elegant ease. In contrast, Klim crashed ahead with his arms locked straight as they emerged from the water in his trademark "windmill" version of the freestyle. Each man's style is unique, but both are world-beaters. And both are the products of the unorthodox ideas of the same coach, Gennadi Touretski.
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:53:26
Touretski, a colourful and sometimes controversial character, studies the motion of fish and writes physics equations on the whiteboard of his poolside office to explain the principles of hydrodynamics. His brand of science-based training has done much to promote the idea that it is not raw power that makes champion swimmers, but efficiency. Klim and Popov are taught to behave like fish, to "feel" the water and glide through it.
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:53:38
Now a naturalised Australian, Touretski is a product of the old Soviet system, in which as many as eight scientists would monitor the performance of the national team. He is a former swimming champion with a degree in engineering and training in biomechanics, biochemistry, fluid mechanics and sports physiology. He is known for using unusual props to get his ideas across: he once brought inflated condoms to the pool to show his fellow coaches the importance of maintaining a rigid torso while kicking forward. When deflated, the condoms flopped in the water; inflated, they skimmed across the surface with just a light push.
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:53:51
Touretski's swimmers swear by him. It was Touretski's idea, for example, for Klim to switch to the windmill style. "I've made straight personal bests ever since he made me make this change," Klim told me later. Popov is just as enthusiastic: "He's the reason I left Russia." Popov and Klim have the status of pop stars in Australia, while magazines and newspapers hail Touretski as the man who transformed top-echelon swimming in Australia. But amid all the hoopla, the question remains: how do Touretski and his swimmers do it?
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:54:03
The answers, say Touretski as he paces the poolside, lie partly in genetics and partly in technique. Elite swimmers tend to be born with certain advantages, such as superefficient metabolisms. Some long-distance swimmers, for example, have cardiovascular systems capable of delivering twice as much oxygen to starved muscle cells as the average fit young person, giving them a advantage before even entering the pool.

Olympic swimmers also tend to be tall and long-limbed. When seen on land, 2 Touretski's swimmers are as long and a lanky as basketball players. Klim is 191 a metres tall (6 feet 3 inches), while Popov, 7 at 197 metres (6 feet 6 inches), can touch cc the bottom of the deep end of the Canberra pool and still keep his head above water. The pair are designed for swimming. Or, as Touretski told them: "You have something given to you by God. You must develop it." Fair enough. But how?
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:54:15
There are two ways to swim faster, says Touretski: increase the force that swimmers use to propel themselves through the water or decrease water resistance. Both approaches come down to technique, but he thinks the second is by far the best.

To propel yourself through the water faster you might, for example, increase your stroke rate. But there's a problem here, Touretski says. You'd soon run out of steam. He cites a passage from his favourite book, Fish Swimming by zoologist John Videler of the University of Groningen in the Netherlands, which states that energy consumption in water increases as the cube of the stroking rate. In other words, doubling the speed at which you move your arms through the water takes eight times as much energy.
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-23 19:54:27
What's more, increasing stroke rate inevitably means taking shorter strokes, which is at odds with how most animals behave. When they want to move faster, they increase the distance covered with each movement. Touretski points to video clips for support: horses, Touretski points out, speed up by increasing the distance they cover with every stride, not by increasing the number of strides per second. Kangaroos do the same hopping on their two feet. Touretski believes swimmers should do what animals do, stretching as far forward as possible to get the longest pull with each stroke. Popov's first gold medal in the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona provided evidence to support this approach. When he beat the American swimmer Matt Biondi, Popov covered 50 metres with just 33 strokes to Biondi's 36.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表新帖

推荐课程

游泳科学:优化水中运动表现的技术、体能、营养和康复指导 是全面展现游泳运动科学知识与运动表现提升的专业指导书。全书从游泳运动的发展历程、科研发现、装备与技术革新,以及这项运动所涉及的运动员生理、心理和技术层面的理论与实践讲起,通过科学图表与数据分析,将优化游泳运动表现的重要方面——技术、体能、营养和康复进行了细致地讲解。书中还重点介绍了游泳训练的方法,包括泳池训练和陆上训练两部分,旨在帮助游泳教练、运动员及爱好者形成标准化的训练体系,有效提升游泳运动表现。
¥128 游泳技术
中级 类型:游泳训练
立即学习 17278人已学习
蛙泳的基本技术
¥免费 蛙泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16674人已学习
仰泳的基本技术
¥免费 仰泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16400人已学习