[外文游泳文献] Hoff turns to Bowman as new coach!!!(含译文)

[复制链接]
小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-12 20:52:36
13159 2
Michael Phelps and Katie Hoff will now be sharing a coach as Hoff will be working with Bob Bowman to help her results after failing to win a gold medal in Beijing.
0.jpg
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-12 20:53:18
NEW YORK (AP) -- Swimmer Katie Hoff has changed coaches after a disappointing Olympics in which the six-time world champion failed to win a gold medal in a half dozen events.

Hoff is working with Michael Phelps' coach, Bob Bowman, who has returned to her North Baltimore Aquatic Club after four years at the University of Michigan. Hoff trained with Paul Yetter since before she qualified for the 2004 Olympics as a 15-year-old.

"It's just the way things have transformed, and Bob's back, and it's just time for a change for, I think, both of us," Hoff told The Associated Press on Sunday, a day before USA Swimming's annual Golden Goggle Awards banquet.

The 19-year-old Hoff made the Beijing Olympics in five individual events, the same number as Phelps. She won a silver medal and two bronzes and took fourth in two other races.

In her last event, the 800-meter freestyle, she didn't even reach the final, finishing 8.08 seconds off her personal best in the preliminaries.

Hoff said she can't regret the decision to swim so many races because it's the only way she could have learned she couldn't handle such an intense workload.

"Trials and Olympics are a whole different thing," Hoff said. "But I handled it well at trials. I had no experience any other way. For me, I was the person to do it. I made it and I wanted to be there for my team and compete for my team.

"Yeah, I was definitely in a little over my head, just as far as the stress emotionally and physically. By the time I hit the 800 free, I was fried. I think the goal for the next four years is to go to a high-level meet, have fun and not just feel stressed the entire time."

Hoff was .07 seconds from gold in the 400 free, when Rebecca Adlington of Britain overtook her in the final meters. She came in with the world record in the 400 individual medley but settled for bronze.

Hoff took off six weeks after the Olympics, the longest break she's ever had. She called the time away "amazing," and said it helped her gain some perspective.

"The 400 free still kind of gets me sometimes," she said. "It's just going to drive me for four years. When I look back, I realize I am only 19. I have hopefully a couple more Olympics in me.

"So getting the experience of racing in a final for a gold medal and having my medals is cool. It definitely took me a while to adjust my frame of mind to what is up to my standards. But at this point I'm ready to move forward and work my butt off for the next few years."

Hoff doesn't plan to swim the 400 IM this year, even though she is a two-time world champion and former world record holder. She recalled a conversation in Beijing with fellow American Natalie Coughlin, who has limited her events at the Olympics despite being capable of qualifying for more.

Coughlin was talking about her "hatred" of the 200 backstroke, in which she's a former American record holder; Hoff feels the same way about the 400 IM.

"She was like, 'You want to enjoy what you're doing. There shouldn't be this dread that you feel,'" Hoff said.

It already feels as though "a weight has been lifted."

"You're in this sport so long, why swim something that you hate when you have other options?" Hoff said. "I'm lucky enough to have other options."

Maybe someday she'll pick up the 400 IM again. And she's glad she swam it in Beijing, because she "got rid of the evil spirits in that race."

In 2004, as the youngest member of the entire U.S. Olympic delegation, Hoff was so unnerved that she vomited on the pool deck after finishing 17th in the 400 IM. She later made the 200 IM final and came in seventh.

Hoff has also started anew in her life outside swimming, beginning to take classes at Loyola College.

"It drove me crazy not doing anything the year before," she said.
 楼主| 小臭贝 发表于 2011-4-12 20:54:01
New York (AP)—游泳运动员凯蒂•霍夫在经历了一个令人失望的奥林匹克比赛后,近日更换了教练。在此届比赛中,蝉联六届冠军的霍夫在六场较量中没有获得一块金牌。
在密歇根大学训练了四年的霍夫现在回到了北巴尔的摩的游泳俱乐部,现在跟着菲尔普斯的教练鲍曼进行训练。霍夫在获得参加04年奥林匹克比赛资格之前开始就跟着Paul Yetter进行训练,那时候她才15岁。
“这其实就是事物转换的方式,现在鲍曼回来了,我觉得对我们两个来说也到了时间改变了”,霍夫在美国游泳每年一次的颁奖仪式之前一天这样告诉New York (AP)的。
19岁的霍夫在北京奥林匹克运动会中和菲尔普斯一样参加了5个个人比赛,她得到了一枚银牌和两枚铜牌,并且在另外两场比赛中得到了第四名。
在她最后一场比赛800米自由泳中,她没有进入决赛,成绩则比她的个人在预赛中的最好成绩慢了8.08秒。
霍夫说她没办法后悔同时参加这么多比赛的决定,因为这让她知道了她并不能同时很好的应付这么大的工作量并得到好成绩。
“尝试和奥林匹克是完全两回事”,霍夫说,“但是我再尝试,训练中能很好的应付。但是我并没有经验在奥林匹克中同时应付这么多比赛。 对我来说, 我只是希望能多为我的队伍比赛。”
“就身体上和精神上的压力,我觉得我有点高估自己了。当我参加800米自由泳比赛的时候,我觉得累了厌倦了。我想我下一个四年的目标将是参加更高层次的比赛,享受其中的乐趣,并且不再在整个比赛中给自己这么大的压力。”
在400米自由泳比赛中,英国的Rebecca Adlington在最后几米超过她,而霍夫最终离金牌只差了0.07秒。而在400米个人混合泳的比赛中,她破了世界纪录却还是只获得了银牌。
霍夫在奥林匹克比赛以后休息了6周,这是她得到过的最长的休假。她认为这段离开泳池的时间很美好,同时她也说这段时间让她得到了一些新的想法。
“我现在有时候还是会想起400米自由泳,”她说,“这也许将在接下来的四年一直激励我,当我往回看,我意识到我只有19岁,我将还有希望参加几个奥林匹克比赛”。
“所以得到参加奥林匹克决赛的经验以及得到了许多奖牌的感觉也一样是美妙的。这也确实让我想了许多,并且学会调整心态调整对自己的要求。但是在这个阶段,我还是应该继续努力为接下来几年的比赛和冠军努力。”
霍夫今年并不准备游400个人混合泳了,尽管她是两届世界冠军和前纪录保持者。她回忆在北京和考夫林的对话。考夫林在此届比赛中控制了自己参加的比赛场数,尽管她有资格参加更多的比赛。
考夫林当时说她很讨厌200米仰泳,而200米仰泳正是的前世界纪录保持者正是她。而霍夫对400米个人混合泳也有同样的感觉。
“考夫林说,你应该要享受你所做的事情,而你不应该像现在一样感到恐惧,”霍夫说。
这感觉起来确实想在给自己增加负担。
“你已经参与这项运动这么长时间了,当你有选择的时候,为什么一定要游一些你不喜欢的项目呢?”霍夫说道,“其实我很幸运我有其它的选择。”
也许某一天她重新选择了400米混合泳。她很高兴能够在北京参加400米个人混合泳比赛,因为在那场比赛中她远离了那种很可怕的感觉“。
在2004年,作为美国奥运代表队最年轻的成员,霍夫非常的气馁以至于在得到400个人混合泳第17名之后在泳池边呕吐了。她后来在200米混合泳中进入了决赛并得到了第7名。
霍夫现在开始了她除了游泳外的新生活,她开始是在Loyola大学读书。
“因为去年什么事情都没做,让我觉得快疯了”,她说。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

发表新帖

推荐课程

游泳科学:优化水中运动表现的技术、体能、营养和康复指导 是全面展现游泳运动科学知识与运动表现提升的专业指导书。全书从游泳运动的发展历程、科研发现、装备与技术革新,以及这项运动所涉及的运动员生理、心理和技术层面的理论与实践讲起,通过科学图表与数据分析,将优化游泳运动表现的重要方面——技术、体能、营养和康复进行了细致地讲解。书中还重点介绍了游泳训练的方法,包括泳池训练和陆上训练两部分,旨在帮助游泳教练、运动员及爱好者形成标准化的训练体系,有效提升游泳运动表现。
¥128 游泳技术
中级 类型:游泳训练
立即学习 17379人已学习
蛙泳的基本技术
¥免费 蛙泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16775人已学习
仰泳的基本技术
¥免费 仰泳的客观规律
初级 类型:配合
立即学习 16501人已学习